IBM Algo Queen Quantum Contest

Are you ready to dive into the fascinating world of quantum computing? Are you up for a challenge that will push your skills to the limit and inspire you to explore the possibilities of this emerging field? Look no further than the ICPC AlgoQueen Quantum Practice Challenge 2023!

This practice round, using Qiskit, an open-source software kit for programming quantum computers created by IBM Quantum, offers the perfect opportunity to test your abilities and develop your knowledge of quantum computing. Whether you’re a seasoned programmer or a curious beginner, this challenge will provide a thrilling experience that you won’t forget.

To help you get started, IBM Quantum has provided a “Qiskit Hello World” tutorial that includes a sample problem for you to practice with. This introductory tutorial and exercise will give you a taste of the unique concepts and techniques involved in quantum computing and show you how to use the CodeDrills platform to submit your quantum answers. You can find the link to the Qiskit Hello World problem below:

By participating in this practice round, you’ll not only get familiar with quantum computing and Qiskit, but also with the CodeDrills online judge, which will be used for the final quantum round in the AlgoQueens Competition. So, don’t miss out on this opportunity to hone your skills and prepare for the competition.

Plus, feel free to post your queries, questions, and discussions to get involved with other participants. Let’s learn and grow together!

Additionally, to aid you in your journey, Qiskit provides an extensive range of learning materials and resources that you can access through the following link:

Plus, with IBM Quantum’s open access quantum computers and Qiskit’s open-source mission, you can be a part of an inclusive and vibrant quantum ecosystem that is breaking new ground every day.

Don’t miss out on this opportunity to explore the thrilling world of quantum computing and take your programming skills to the next level. Join the practice round and prepare for the final quantum round on 30th April 2023. Get ready for an adventure that will challenge and inspire you like never before!

Updates:

More Qiskit resources:

2 Likes

I got the ‘correct answer’ verdict if I import like below.

from qiskit import QuantumCircuit, qpy, execute
from qiskit import *

But if I import like below, I got a ‘runtime error’ verdict on codedrills.

from qiskit import *

Is it make sense? import * means importing all the things. Why did I need to import QuantumCircuit, qpy, execute additionally?

Hi there, this is because the backend grading system uses a Qiskit package called qpy which needs to specifically be imported (and is not included in from qiskit import *)

1 Like

Greetings to all participants,

We kindly remind you to confirm your registration for the Quantum Challenge.

To verify your team, please visit this link.

For Quantum practice problems, please access this link.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to post them on this forum and engage with other participants.

1 Like

how to code this mam

Sorry, we can’t help with code during contest.

I will recommend reading through the links and watch the problem solving sessions to learn.

All the best.

Congratulations to all of you who solved at least one problem in the Quantum Challenge! Well done. :tada: :raised_hands:

And a special congrats to the highest ranking team, Quantum Kittens!

I love your team’s name. :wink: :heart: :heart: :cat2:

~ Radha Pyari Sandhir, IBM Quantum

4 Likes