Indian ICPC Regionals 2020

First of all, do not accuse us for such matter, these decisions are taken by Site/RCDs.

Answer to your question : Amritapuri is a multisite - that is 3 sites alone. Each site generally takes 200-300 teams, so 3*300 ~ 900 teams. But still slots are much less. So know the facts well before making any comment.

Lastly, don’t put such harsh comments here because of your frustration!

1 Like

We have a BNBR (Be Nice Be Respectful) rule in the forum. @sam000013 this is your first strike. If you violate the rule again, you will be banned.

3 Likes

Sorry, I was under the impression that you guys allowed around 3000 teams to qualify for the regionals. A case of misunderstanding.

I apologise for that, I just vented out without being mindful and having correct knowledge.

Will Qualified Teams for Amritapuri Regionals get any goodies or T-shirts. As it was promised that teams solving atleast 1 Problem and qualifying for Regionals , will get a T-shirt for each Team Memeber.

2 Likes

Our coach does not have an ID from the University because It doesn’t provide one, but since there is another option of preparing a letter from the Director of ours department. @Balajiganapathi @deepa_panwar @vichitr can you please help us out by telling us the format in which the letter from the Director should be to validate the identity of our coach.

Please mail amrita for details

One more feature request I realized after today’s mock round. :stuck_out_tongue:
Would it be possible to share a pdf containing all problem statements? It helps in reading all problems in one go instead of switching tabs every now and then.
Initial version of statements would be fine. Updates if any required can be made in announcements and people can be asked to take a note of difference in pdf version.

same doubt will we get goodies from the side of amritapuri

Curious why the contest is postponed just a few minutes before scheduled start. Server capacity issues maybe ?

Hello. This is a report of injustice. My apologies for the poor writing, as my English is not very good and I have to go through translation.

One of the teams asked me for the solution during the contest. I also didn’t know that this contest existed, so I gave them the solution. In addition to that, there was a problem that I had been asked to solve and code before that was held in this contest. problem:
ht.tps://codedrills.io/contests/icpc-amritapuri-2020-preliminary-round/problems/strings-and-lis
code: ht.tps://github.com/kiyoshi0205/-/blob/main/problem2.cpp

Unfortunately, I don’t know their real name, only their email address and account ( anachor_99 - Codeforces ). I am willing to disclose my email address to the administration if necessary. If you need that information, please contact me on codeforces( kiyoshi0205 - Codeforces ).

Thanks for informing us , we will surely check this.

1 Like

Apart from the ranklist can we fetch the team id from other site(s) ?

P.S. In the baylor site, when we click on our team name , we do get a 6 digit code in the url and its matching with the ranklist .
Now which id is to be considered because there is also a occurrence of our team name corresponding to the amritapuri regional contest?

I think you are looking at scoreboard and confusing Codedrills ID with ICPC ID. We are talking about final official ranklist which was released on this page and this page. Here we clearly have two columns ICPC ID and codedrills ID. And as @deepa_panwar mentioned, you have to use ICPC ID.

And if you are asking for any other Regional, then you need to check the ID on baylor site. Fetch from the team url.

As evident from my screenshot, we have one occurrence corresponding to the Amritapuri prelims contest and another corresponding to the Amritapuri regional contest . The ICPC ID mentioned in the ranklist matches with the Amritapuri prelims contest . So which id is to be given ?

Use the prelims team id.

1 Like

mam Will Qualified Teams for Amritapuri Regionals get any goodies or T-shirts. As it was promised that teams solving atleast 1 Problem and qualifying for Regionals , will get a T-shirt for each Team Memeber.

In the problem discussion session they said they will start the process of sending goodies in 3 weeks.

On what basis the ranklist of kanpur regionals given??? teams with different penalties and same number of questions solved are given same rank…