Constructive Feedback / Bugs about Codedrills

Hey Codedrills !

I have decided to use Codedrills to do some interview prep, i will be posting some suggestion / feedback / bug reports along the way because i think its a pretty cool and modern website with a lot of potential, and if we manage to fix all the bugs it’ll become cooler.

I will be updating the list along the way, and marking stuff as done if they are complete.

Bugs

1. When i log into dashboard, it shows my google account name and image, but when i go to my profile page, it starts using the image and name on my profile Demo
  2. No Email Verification while creating new account (the account gets created with all access, verification can be postponed and the site can be used without verifying)
  3. Discuss Username directly takes the email used for registration, this means usernames like @um_nik @tourist can be taken if used an email like tourist@hoho.com
  4. The only verdict i see is wrong answer.
    For this problem if I submit this code I see Wrong Answer, but it should be clearly a runtime error. Assert statements are important for debugging and they simply don’t work here

Features / Suggestions

1. Login using Username - It’s the norm around most OJs and its very convenient.
  2. Ability to change email - I have created this account using my college email id, and im afraid i may lose access to it one day.
  3. RATINGS (what algorithm are u guys thinking about ? )
  4. Recent submissions / Problems Solved thing for user profile
  5. Ability to hide problem tags

I will add more once i find them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for suggestions @s59_60r , we will surely look into it.

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting the assert issue @s59_60r. We have fixed the bug and assert failures will now give runtime errors.

3 Likes

@Balajiganapathi @deepa_panwar

my submission is still running since morning

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting @s59_60r, the issue has been fixed and the submission is complete.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting the bugs @s59_60r. The time issue was due to a bad deployment. We have fixed it now.

2 Likes

Hi @s59_60r , thanks a lot for reporting the bugs and feature suggestions. We have fixed 3 of the 4 bugs and will fix the first bug later as it is a bit lower priority. We will also take up the suggestions (some of them are already in the pipeline!) soon.

As a token of our appreciation for the detailed and constructive feedback, we would like to give you some swag :smiley:. Please mail us at hello@codedrills.io for more details.

2 Likes

I am happy that I was able to help, I’ll drop a mail :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: and thanks again for that @deepa_panwar

2 Likes

@deepa_panwar @admin

I noticed something strange in my profile today

My profile shows i have 49 Problems solved on SPOJ, but I have actually solved just 8 (not a big fan of spoj :stuck_out_tongue: ) I don’t even have that much total submissions.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, I will surely look into it

2 Likes

[Feature Request] Requesting the use of LaTeX for rendering math formulas in the problem statements.

3 Likes

Haha thanks for the request but believe me I had requested it months back. But the issue is after integrating it, whole site might break so we wanted to avoid it until ICPC finishes.

1 Like