Anouncement about Amritapuri ICPC and other Indian regionals

There is a very big Problem at the ICPC Site. I just reevaluated my eligibility. I got declared ineligible due to graduation date. However my Graduation date is set to 2023.
This is very sad. The @icpc site is causing so many errors that registering is becoming so dangerous.
I am attaching an image which shows both my graduation date and the problem with the ICPC Eligibility.

See.
Please resolve this at the earliest. This is causing a lot of problems for everyone. This is very bad. @icpc @Balajiganapathi Please Solve this. ICPC Registration is in Trouble.

2 Likes

@Balajiganapathi @icpc Please see this and fix this. Please. ICPC is in Danger. This is very bad on ICPC’s management side. Please fix it ASAP. All of us are worried.

The ICPC folks are looking into the issue. Hopefully it is resolved soon.

1 Like

when we get Id and pssword for online round

1 Like

We are waiting for team data from the ICPC system. You can create an account using the email used to register for your team, that account will be automatically added when the teams are loaded for the contest.

1 Like

We are facing a delay in receiving the full registered team list from ICPC global due to technical issues. So the ICPC Amritapuri online round has been postponed. Date will be updated soon.

2 Likes

Will the amrita prelims will be held in this month or in the next month ?@Balajiganapathi

Exact date will be announced once we receive the team list.

@deepa_panwar can we have an approximate date on when we will be notified about the final dates for the Online Round.
Thank you.

Hi @Pradhumna_Guruprasad we are still awaiting the team list from ICPC Global. We are hoping to have an update in the next few days.

Hi,
I have received an email from ICPC Amritapuri team which says ““mostly we will be able to organize contest within 10 days””. I do have concerns regarding it. Is it possible to announce contest dates ~2 weeks in advance and hold it on weekend?

People do have initial plans rushing fast just makes it difficult for them. Many people by now would have started working full time which may make it difficult for them to participate on weekdays.
On the upcoming weekend, one of my teammates had booked flight tickets which he initially did after assuming 10th July as the contest date and at present, it’s impossible for him to make it to the contest if it’s on the upcoming weekend. I’m sure more people will have issues if the contest is scheduled on very short notice.
Thanks and regards,
Aryan
/cc @Balajiganapathi @deepa_panwar @icpc

4 Likes

Hi @aryanc403 I agree about giving a large enough heads up for the contest. We were not aware of this mail. We are checking with Amrita staff about this.

2 Likes

Even my group have received the same mail.

Hi, so I just heard from someone about an update on the Kanpur ICPC site. They have said "because of Corona pandemic there will be only one online contest", does that mean they won’t be holding the regional round? Can someone confirm this? Also, do we know anything about other regional sites and their responses?

Thanks
Samarth

@gupta_samarth as far as I understand, this means only the regionals will be held and no online preliminary round will be conducted. I guess other regionals may also put up similar announcements soon.

Here is the latest update from Amrita:

Greetings from ICPC Asia Amritapuri Regional Site!

Hope you are doing well & staying healthy.

We all are going through tough times in our lives. Education & work have been disrupted equally. I was trying to host the ICPC Regional in the month of July but got delayed because of some technical reasons. Now, the decision has been made at ICPC Headquarters to host the world finals at Moscow during the first two weeks of October. Chances are that the teams qualifying in the 2020 Regional (the current contest, to be held in August 2021) may be qualified for the Moscow World Finals. The contest will be held on August 14th 06:00 PM. In that case, we can have only one round of the contest to qualify for the World Finals to be held at Moscow.

Teams interested in participating in other sites in India are free to cancel the registration at Amritapuri site by logging to ICPC Foundation Registration system.

Teams solving at least one problem will receive t-shirt (for each member).

Please write to icpc@am.amrita.edu for any queries.

Best regards,

Maheshwara Chaitanya,

Contest Director (ICPC Asia Amritapuri Site)

“Now, the decision has been made at ICPC Headquarters to host the world finals at Moscow during the first two weeks of October. Chances are that the teams qualifying in the 2020 Regional (the current contest, to be held in August 2021) may be qualified for the Moscow World Finals.”
Are they merging WF 2020 and 2021? Could you please clarify @Balajiganapathi ?

It does look like they are merging it UPD: Looks like they are not merging it. I guess it will get clearer in some more time when other regionals also announce their details.

I have missed Amritapuri ICPC Regional, can someone please share information regarding other regionals.
Update: Got it, Here it is

@Balajiganapathi @deepa_panwar Today we received a mail saying "ICPC Asia Amritapuri Site has decided two rounds of contests as announced earlier. This is as per the suggestions from the judging committee to host a quality contest.

• Practice session will be on July 31, 2021. 06.00 to 08.30 PM, 2.5 hours.
  • Preliminary Round contest will be held on August 7, 2021. 06:00 to 08:30 PM, 2.5 hours.
  • Regional Round will be on August 14, 2021. 06:00 to 11:00 PM, 5 hours.
  • Last date for the cancellation of teams to participate in the other sites: August 5, 05:00 PM."
    But on the official site there is no change in details regarding the same. When will we be updated by the same?
    If so, what is the selection process for regionals and how many slots are there?
    Thank you.